bidemi is the Firm’s Managing Associate and works with its Governance, Risk and Compliance Group as well as the Transaction Advisory Group, where she leads a team of legal experts in consistently dispensing multi-disciplinary and specialist solutions to Firm’s portfolio of clients.
With over a decade of in-house corporate and transactional experience, she handles engagements in corporate restructuring, intellectual property, media and entertainment, compliance, regulatory licensing, Estates and Probates, Antitrust, Competition and Consumer Protection, Privacy and Cyber Security, Executive Compensation, Business Integrity, Employee Benefits and Share Incentives, etc. As a transactional Attorney, she has the uncanny ability to pay attention to details while proffering legal solutions to client’s needs.
- Lead, Team that advised on the formulation and implementation of a tax assessment policy for a company seeking to expand its alternative transport systems across Nigeria. Formulated policy documents and drafted legislation.
- Lead, Team advising a key telecommunications infrastructure service provider on the financing of its technology infrastructure for a Rural Telephony project across West Africa. Carried out legal due diligence, drafted and reviewed all relevant agreements.
- Part of the Team that advised a major insurance company on corporate restructuring and capital raise towards meeting regulatory requirements. The options advised included a Core Investor Sale, Creditors Scheme of Arrangement and External Restructuring.
- Member of the Team advising on a clean energy plant utilizing converted flared gas to energy for communities in South-South Nigeria.
- Part of the Team that formulated the legal structure of the introduction, branding and marketing of Moet Hennessy, a global cognac in Nigeria.
- Acted as Legal Adviser and drafted several content agreements and media partnership agreements for Venator Media Partners Limited, the Nigerian licensee of Trace S.A, an international media company. Led the legal due diligence of the Nigerian licensee in preparation for acquisition by the Licensor and worked on the compliance of the company with relevant regulatory agencies.
- Key part of the legal team that advised on the external restructuring between DSTV (Multichoice Nigeria) and two of its subsidiaries. Drafted and reviewed transaction documentations and handled different compliance areas.
- Drafted the necessary quality service documentation required for a new South African company entrant into the Value Added Services providers in Nigeria.
- Acted as Legal Adviser to Vesta Healthcare Partners Limited, a pioneer healthcare finance company in Nigeria. Advised on several healthcare financing projects for the company
- Led the team that negotiated the Distribution License for the first Customised African Edition of a popular board game for Bestman Games, a pioneer games company in Nigeria. Supervised the team that worked on several editions of the game, developed template agreements for sponsors, agents and marketers and handled the intellectual property protection of the game in Nigeria.
Professional Associations & Membership
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Capital Markets Solicitors Association
- Section on Business Law and Entertainment & Media